I am the Wendy behind Crafting Life WithWendy… (Wendy Potts).
I want to help you with achievable approaches to Scrapbooking, share fun and fabulous page ideas, and inspire you to…
FIND YOUR JOY in Scrapbooking.
Why am I for you?
BECAUSE… you care about your family photos, stories and digital images, but want to give them more of your attention.
BECAUSE… you have a tonne of craft supplies, and half completed projects and pages, and you want to release them from dark cupboards and let them see the daylight again.
BECAUSE… inside you is a devoted Scrapbooker looking to find her crafting mojo and motivation. You just want to know the way to release her.
And Me? That’s Exactly What I Do
- I find ways to inspire, motivate and empower you to get out your Craft supplies.
- I make Scrapbooking FUN by sharing systems and creative designs.
- I help others learn new tips and techniques and to make amazing Scrapbook layouts with ease.
BEST PART… I am here online, with a growing Resource Library of tips, tricks and layouts. (Click here to sign-up NOW!) You can use these at home, follow me online, or come join me in person at my Workshops and Classes if you are local to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Oh, But You Wanna Know More About Me?
I am a mother of two crazy kids (born 2011 and 2012) and an angel daughter no longer with us (1997-2007), wife to the other “big kid” in my life, and a chocoholic.
And whilst being a Mum and wife can be a full-time job in itself, I still manage to find time for my passion: Sharing my love of Memory keeping and Scrapbooking. This Blog and being a Close To My Heart Consultant to my Australian Customers provide a means for me to spread the importance of Scrapbooking far and wide.
And here are 20 Random Facts, the REAL Me!
I’ll keep it simple. Here’s a bunch of stuff you probably don’t need to know but can have a laugh at anyway. (It helps to read these fast and not to ponder too long.)
- I love Chocolate. And the best (and only) Chocolate is CADBURY!
- I worked in an I.T. career for the same company for almost 20 years. (I built this website myself – but it wasn’t easy!)
- I have always enjoyed writing… from my year 12 English essays, to my lengthy newsletters sent home about our travels and living in the UK in the 90’s.
- I only cook to eat. There isn’t much enjoyment in cooking when I have far too many other things I would rather do with my time.
- When it comes to movies, I don’t do SCARY – NOT AT ALL.
- I actually love CHANGE… something most people try to avoid. And yet I am a creature of habit.
- Being fair is a HUGE priority for me. Probably because I was bullied for being the not-so-popular short freckled-faced kid at school.
- I love to teach and share and have had plenty of practice both through my I.T. career and years of teaching craft and digital training classes.
- I have always been considered organised and reliable… until I had kids. Now people just THINK I am organised (but if they only knew!)
- I was never popular with boys but I landed a hunky husband when I was his boss at work (cue the hysterical laughter!)
- I am an e-junkie. (Translation – I am not good at leaving my email-box and social media for too long). Something I wish to change.
- When there is a choice of colour, it’s gotta be bright… RED or ORANGE for me.
- I am sure I will miss-spell plenty of post content, but not through lack of proof-reading. (But I will never be offended if you point it out to me.)
- I believe “THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE NOT ASKED”, because we can always learn something new.
- I have to have breakfast every day, no matter what time I get up.
- The night course I did on touch typing when only 14y.o. probably helps me more everyday than any of my High School subjects.
- Give me a pool over the beach, any day.
- My side hustle is being a Close To My Heart Consultant… a vehicle that brings so many of my passions together. You can check out my Close To My Heart website at wendypotts.ctmh.com.au
- I have never had a cup of coffee – EVER. It’s Tea for ME!
- My family journey, of having a daughter, (Kristen) in 1997, and to lose her to a degenerative medical condition in 2007… rebuild our family through IVF to have two crazy busy kids just over 18 months apart… has exposed me to more emotions, more support groups and more questions about life than I can name. But I have so many special friends and memories that has made life richer as a result. There has to be a positive side to loss… Doesn’t there?
All of this, makes me the passionate Memory Keeper I am. And I want to inspire others and share the benefits of the art of Scrapbooking more than anything else.
Together we will conquer your Scrapbooking overwhelm.
So… are you ready to FIND YOUR JOY in Scrapbooking (again)?
Because I aim to help you find it… I promise.